Homes for Cathy is a national alliance of over 70 housing associations, working together to end homelessness, alongside national charities such as Crisis and Shelter. Our members’ privacy is important to us. This privacy notice explains the personal data Homes for Cathy processes, how Homes for Cathy processes it and for what purposes.
Personal information provided to or to be gathered by Homes for Cathy is controlled by Hightown Housing Association Ltd, Hightown House, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, HP2 4XH. Since this is where group’s administrator works.
On each form or request for information, there will be a note explaining how the information given will be used. For example, if you register to attend a Homes for Cathy event, then your details will be stored to communicate with you about that event. Only Hightown staff or Homes for Cathy members working on organising, or hosting the event will have access to the data collected.
The Homes for Cathy website logs the user’s IP address which is automatically recognised by the web server. We use this information to record the number of visitors to our website.
How we collect information about you
We collect information about you in a variety of ways, including:
- When you request to become a Homes for Cathy member.
- When you register and attend a Homes for Cathy meeting or event.
- When you contact us via our website.
Who we collect information about
- Members – this includes current and former Homes for Cathy members, usually the Chief Executives of housing associations or their nominated representative. We may also retain information on their executive assistants or communication officers, if they have been in in contact with us.
- Attendees to events or meeting.
- Visitors to our website.
What information do we collect?
During your Homes for Cathy membership, we will generally collect and maintain the following information:
- The name of your housing association’s Chief Executive or the nominated representatives as the Homes for Cathy member
- The address of the housing association
- Members’ contact information, including phone numbers and email address
- Photos of members taken at Homes for Cathy events or meetings
- Other general information relevant to member surveys or required to carry out any events that we may run
What do we do with the information we collect?
We use this information in order to keep in touch with our members. We will use it to:
- Send out newsletters
- Invite members to meetings or events
- Survey members on their feedback or opinions
- We may use the photos from events or meetings on our website, in newsletters, publications or social media channels.
We will not provide your information to any other company for direct marketing purposes. We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share your personal information without your consent, unless allowed to by law. We can release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce or apply the conditions of our agreement with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of Hightown Housing Association, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other organisations for the detection and/or prevention of crime.
In order to carry out marketing activity for Homes for Cathy we may share your information with the following organisations:
- Online Survey companies
- Mailing houses
- Event venues
- Hightown’s PR agency
Accessing and correcting your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following address.
Communications Team, Hightown Housing Association, Hightown House, Maylands Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, Herts HP2 4XH
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate.
Security of information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is held securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have developed separate IT policies which set out how we keep the information held on our systems secure. We also have a number of physical security measures in place, such as office security and confidential destruction of waste paper.
We will keep information on Homes for Cathy members indefinitely. We will destroy information securely if we no longer need it.
All data will be stored securely within Europe and all data held on our own computer systems is stored locally in the UK
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, or the information we hold about you, please contact us at Homesforcathy@hightownha.org.uk or call 01442 292300