Please note, this event is now full – if you would like to be added to the waiting list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date: Wednesday 24 March 2021
- Jennie Bibbings, Head of Campaigns – Shelter Cymru
- Simon Young, Head of Landlord Services – SYHA
- Sue Dickinson, Business Improvement Facilitator – Wales & West Housing
A virtual workshop focusing on Homes for Cathy commitment #4, exploring how members can prevent evictions into homelessness.
- Hear from Jennie Bibbings of Shelter Cymru on the charity’s newly published research in this area, including a look at the experience of Welsh social landlords, who before Covid-19, achieved a nearly 40% reduction in possession actions.
- Simon Young, Head of Landlord Services at South Yorkshire Housing Association, will discuss how a cultural shift – which is less process driven and more ‘thinking’ driven – together with practices such as furnished tenancies, have helped them drive down evictions to single figures.
- Sue Dickinson, Business Improvement Facilitator at Wales & West Housing, will explain how they achieved just one eviction last year from 20,000 residents by challenging their own thinking, following the customer journey and using ‘people measures’ including Outcomes Star to put values into practice.
Sue Dickinson, Wales & West Housing
Jennie Bibbings, Crisis
Simon Young, SYHA